|15% Off In-Stock Items, 5% Off Everything Else|
for details or visit our shopping cart.
|MyJewelrySource offers many rings with sapphires close to 1 carat and slightly smaller. We also have a range of shapes and shades of blue. Our most petite design, GR-5637 and GR-5760, features an east west set radiant cut Ceylon sapphire in a light to medium cornflower blue hue. The east west setting creates more of a band style ring so this one is great for stacking as well. The baguette diamonds on each side of the sapphire complement the radiant faceting as well. This ring is available in either white or yellow gold. We also have a three stone, past present future, design, GR-5837 and GR-5837-WS, with an oval cut rich blue sapphire flanked by a round diamond or white sapphire on each side. We love this particular setting because we've given it a vintage feel with the engraving on three sides of the band that extends to the back of the ring. For those looking for a more uncommon shape, our GR-5964 features pear shape white sapphires on either side of a round light blue sapphire. This design also has prominent engraving on the shank. Our most classic style is of course the solitaire ring, GR-5944. This elegant design has beautiful lively round sapphire just over 1 carat in size. If you want a simple design with a touch of diamonds, we would recommend our GR-5074 and GR-5457 which have an oval sapphire center and a trio of diamonds on each side. The band is done with a high polished finish. The contrast between the sapphire and diamonds is eye catching and the ring will bring many compliments! We do have wedding band style rings with channel set sapphires done in shades of blue sapphire, GR-5229, or matched cornflower blue sapphires in an eternity style, GR-5575. Sapphires are the traditional gift for the fifth and forty-fifth wedding anniversaries and the birthstone for SeptemberEnhancements: Although cutting is the most basic enhancement method necessary to display the beauty of a gemstone, there are many methods by which man has demonstrated his ability to draw maximum color, luster, clarity and brilliance from nature's treasures. With a basic understanding of these enhancement techniques, one can better appreciate the beauty, durability and value of the gemstone jewelry. Most sapphires are treated with heat after being mined. Heat treatment of sapphires is a permanent, industry accepted treatment requiring no additional care over that of unheated sapphires. Other treatments are used to enhance the color of sapphires which are not industry accepted, may not be permanent, and therefore not sold by MyJewelrySource.com. Approximately, 99% of sapphires used in jewelry are heated, leaving 1% which are unheated and considered very rare. You should assume that the sapphires sold at MyJewelrySource are heated unless stated otherwise. Buying a Sapphire: Overall, sapphires can be considered the ideal colored gemstone. Besides the amazing selection of colors, sapphires are highly durable with a rating of 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness. Sapphires in sizes of more than 1 carat are considered to be important. Minor inclusions are generally acceptable although certainly not as many as with ruby or emerald. Nearly all of the sapphires at MyJewelrySource.com are eye clean and most important, all are very pleasing to the eye. We offer a wide range of colors from a traditional Ceylon blue, to rich lustrous royal blue, to many styles with bubble gum and baby pink, orange, and yellow sapphires. Care of Sapphires: Since sapphires are tough and durable, they can withstand most cleaning methods. While steaming and ultrasonic cleaning will not damage the gemstone, these methods are not recommended by MJS as they may loosen the setting, and subsequently, stones may fall out. Your jewelry may be cleaned with a soft-bristled brush or a cloth with plain or soapy water. Sapphires must not be put in boiling hot water. Avoid exposure to hairspray, perfume and chlorine, which can dull gemstones.|